Get 'Em Up, Moving, & Learning! {A Vowel Teams Review Game Freebie}


Hey there!  It's Dana from Prepping for the Primary Gridiron!  

I wanted to share a fun and engaging I played with my kiddos last week.  Not only 
did it get them up and moving, it was helping them practice our vowel teams!


We've been doing tons of word work with vowel teams lately.  They can be 
so dang tricky!  Take for instance "jeep" and "leaf."  Those long e sounds are 
exactly the same.  "GRRRRR!" yelled all the 5- and 6-year olds!  Almost half of 
my class is made up of ELLs.  Trying to figure out some of these vowel teams is 
like taking a bath in peanut butter.  No bueno.  No fun.  

We been doing activities from my Vowel Teams Activity Pack, getting tons of great practice!


We've been using pictures, word cards, fill-in-the-blank activities and are getting ready for the assessment.  BUT before we complete the assessment, I wanted them to have one last shot at practicing these vowel teams.  When we played the review game, it was PERFECT!

Here's how it works:

1.  I project the pictures/words on the board.
2.  The kids move from side to side of the room based on their answers.
3.  I show them the correct answer once everyone chooses a side.

Here's what the question and answer slides look like:


This Vowel Teams Review Game has been amazingly fun!  The kids have been up 
and moving, having a blast practicing these vowel teams.  You can click HERE to snag it!



No comments

Back to Top