Kid President Love {Class Book Freebie}


Hey y'all.  It's Amanda from Teaching Maddeness.  Today is my first day at work in over a week!!  We will have a lot to catch up on, but I'm sharing something I whipped up to do in my classroom TODAY!


Just because Presidents' Day was yesterday, doesn't mean it's over in the classroom.  At least, not ours!  I'm keeping Presidents' Day alive with Kid President.

Please tell me you know this kid...I, for one, cannot get enough of him!  If you're not familiar with this YouTube sensation, check out this "Top 10 Kid President Moments" video...



My students (and myself) think he is HILARIOUS!  His message is really inspiring, too.  You can click here to read a bit about how this all got started. 

In celebration of Presidents' Day, I thought it would be fascinating to hear from my students.  I wanted to know what their point of view would be if THEY were KID PRESIDENT!  So, I made a little class book that you can download below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-RC8er5CXTNXRBU3QxWGRTQ0k/edit?usp=sharing


It was inspired by the "An Open Letter to Moms from the Kid President" video - probably my all-time favorite video of his.  You know, sometimes, we really should stop and listen to kids more. ;)


The book includes 25 page options - hopefully enough for each student in your class.  I think you'll be impressed and entertained by their advice.  If only we could put kids in charge!  At least, for a day, maybe. :)

*********************************UPDATE*******************************************
So, we did this activity today in my classroom.  We started out by talking about Kid President and watching a couple of the videos listed in the FREEBIE.  Then, we watched the one above.  Since there are 25 pages in the class book, that left a few extras, so we brainstormed and completed those together to help students understand the assignment.  We talked about what we would "want" to say (you know, what we're thinking in our heads, but don't always verbalize) to the person.  I emphasized that it was okay to add a little humor in, also.

Students did a great job!  Here are a few samples of their completed pages.  I hope your students enjoy making the book, too!









 Teaching Maddeness



19 comments

  1. My class LOVES Kid President and his videos! Thank your for the book freebie! I shared it on my Facebook page, and am going to use the activity whenever the snow here in NW Ohio stops and I get back to school!

    ~Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/storiesandsongs2
    http://www.storiesandsongsinsecond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for sharing it, Jennifer! I hope your class enjoys it. :)

      Delete
  2. Who doesn't love Kid President? :) Thanks for the sharing! (Do you have any more advice on how you got your students started on this project? Prompts? I think my students might need more support to get their ideas flowing. I'd enjoy hearing your suggestions.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, seriously? Cute as pie! I just added an update to the post with a little blurb about how I used this activity today...and some of my students' samples. I hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  3. This is going to be so much fun, thanks for sharing!
    Sara
    Frampton's FUNdamentals

    ReplyDelete
  4. You download is just wonderful!
    What a great idea, thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kid President! I am really excited to use your freebie with my 3rd graders and am looking forward to what they will write. I so appreciate you sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you'll be able to use it! I hope your 3rd graders love it! I'm sure they'll have some entertaining advice. :)

      Delete
  6. Kid President is awesome-sauce!! Thanks for the class book freebie! Can't wait to do this with my kiddos!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fan of Kid President here! He is just so cute, and has some great bits of inspiration! I'd just want to be careful with an assignment like this that kids realize it's tongue in cheek and not just about demanding whatever they want. Was glad to see the lunchroom lady one included a thank you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks sooooo much for this cool freebie!! We are reading Grace for President this week and were planning on watching a kid President video when he actually visits the current President. My kids loved watching other videos from him this year. I can't wait to use some of the pages to make a book!

    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this FANTASTIC resource! I am an elementary school counselor and just recently utilized the book as a writing activity with a classroom guidance lesson! Thanks again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love Kid President? :) Thanks for the sharing! (Do you have any more advice on how you got your students started on this projectchristian wellness advocate

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s a excellent perspective, nonetheless isn’t make every sence whatsoever dealing with which mather. Just about any method with thanks in addition to pondered try and promote your own article straight into delicius nevertheless it is very much a problem in your information sites is it possible i highly recommend you recheck it. gives thanks again. Haitian-Creole

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top