Halle {Across the Hall in 2nd Grade}

Hello friends!

My name is Halle and it's safe to say I'm just a teensy bit excited about being "an owl"...that's how I refer to all of the beyond amazing ladies I get to blog with. Seriously, the fact that I share a platform with some of these gals leaves me awestruck. I feel that lucky!

Here's what I look like on a good day :)

{Not taken at school. I promise!}

My home base is a little blog called "Across the Hall in 2nd Grade".  My friend Jenna and I came up with the name because we teach 2nd Grade together and we've discovered over the years that a good idea, a really good laugh, or a really, really, good happy hour buddy can often be found just "across the hall".  Jenna has kind of put blogging on the back burner for now, but I'm still there on a regular basis in case you need a happy hour buddy {or at least someone to watch your class while you go for a bathroom break!}

Besides blogging I am, of course, a teacher. A 2nd grade teacher. A 2nd grade teacher who knows how good she has it. This will be my fourth year in 2nd grade {I taught 3rd my first 2 years}. I love this age group. They're adorable, they have that level of independence that allows you to actually get a sip of water in from time to time, yet they still ADORE their teacher.  Seriously, second graders have some major love to give and I eat it all up!

I am also a wife to a pretty handsome guy named Dave.  Actually, tomorrow is our one year anniversary! Go us!


Most people go on a trip to celebrate their one year anniversary. We decided to buy a house.


No babies to share it with just yet...unless you count these 2 furballs :)


That would be our Georgie Girl and Mac {the cat}. They are two of the most spoiled animals to walk this planet and they take over our bed on a regular basis.

I'm a summer girl through and through. You'll find me at a pool or "down the shore" , as we say it in Jersey, almost every single day June-August. I love crafting, Pinterest, shopping, and decorating my home.  There's not an athletic bone in my body {unless you count put-put} and I am a coffee addict.  Starbucks treat receipt is the worst thing to happen to my wallet since we paid for our wedding!

That's enough about me, but if you're just dying to know more you can always stop by my blog.  I'll apologize now for the Georgie picture overload!

Now on to the good stuff!  The freebie!

The freebies that have come before mine have been nothing short of pure awesomness!  I'm not sure I can compete but I'll try!

 photo b2scover.png

My school supplies us with a lot of forms to hand out to parents during the first few days of school but there are always some things I want to address with parents that my school didn't think of.

 photo preview.png

I've included 6 different forms for you to use with parents and students as you head back to school.  Even better, most have them have editable sections so you can tailor them to your classroom and your needs.

Forms include:
*Parent Survey
*Contact Card {I love to whole punch them and put them on a key ring for easy access}
*Volunteer Form
*Mystery Reader Form
*Snack Letter
*Student Interest Survey

All forms are in black and white {because I'm sure your printer has been through a lot lately!}

Directions for editing this PDF file are included. And if "editable" isn't really your thing, don't worry...there are non-editable versions as well!

I hope you're able to use these freebies! And if you've already started school make sure to file them away for next year!

Don't forget to stop by my blog!


Thanks for letting me ramble on and on about myself!

Have a great weekend :)

Halle

Follow on Bloglovin

46 comments

  1. Wow!! I LOVE these forms :) So cute and practical! I also love 2nd grade for the exact same reasons that you do!!! I tell people the same thing that they're independent enough that I can steal a breath during the day but at the same time they still love me!! :) THANK YOU for sharing such a great resource!

    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ashley!!! 2nd Grade ROCKS :)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I can't seem to access them. Where can I find them? They seem like great forms and would love to include them in my packet this year!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic Halle! You're a cutie and so is your blog. Thank you for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a previous comment said, the forms are not only super helpful, but also very cute. Thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the forms. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! These forms are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the forms and cannot wait to use them! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing and saving us so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! these are going to be soooo helpful :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy one year anniversary! How exciting! Thank you so much for this freebie resource! It is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for the wonderful forms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These forms are great Halle. I wouldn't want to change a thing about them. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, thanks so much Stephanie!!! That's so sweet to say :)

      Delete
  12. What great forms! Thank you. It even pushed me to get my Dropbox loaded onto my computer finally. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing! I especially love the snack one...I always forget to include information about that in the beginning of the year and then get too busy as the year gets started!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these great forms:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE!! Thank you so much...this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great for back to school. Thanks for sharing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all the terrific forms! Just perfect for back to school and so cute too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much! These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the Forms! The forms I've used in the past don't look as nice as these!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these forms!!! I've been looking for forms like this for quite some time and haven't found any that I really like... these are perfect for my classroom! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Mystery Reader idea. I'm going to try that this year with my second grade students and parents to see if this will get them more involved. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can not get the 6 form to download. Anyway you can email them to me? Amcgirr16@gmail.com thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can not get the 6 form to download. Anyway you can email them to me? Amcgirr16@gmail.com thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there! I was wondering....how do you make editable pdf forms???

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cold not get the forms to download. Could you email them to me at kesiaj1023@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! I couldn't get the forms to download as well! Is there any chance you can email to me at ali0725@gmail.com. Thank you! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't find the forms to download?! If still available please email me at ttinnirello@sjjschool.org
    Thank you very much:)
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. unable to find the forms. Are they still available? If so, would you be able to email them to cheldman@nafcs.k12.in.us? Thanks, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! I couldn't find the forms to download as well! Is there any chance you can email to me at rebecca.arnold@csd83.org Thank you! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I also couldn't find the forms to download! If you could email them to me at snharding@huntsville-isd.org, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello I'm trying to download the mystery reader form but I can't seem to find the link for it. Would you please email me the form. I greatly appreciate it
    Tlopuzzo08@stac.edu

    ReplyDelete
  32. I cannot find where the link is to download your amazing forms.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your mystery reader form. I have down mystery readers for the past few years, but love the spin on the clues. Unfortunately, I cannot find the downloads... please help if they are still available! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top