Beginning Sounds Supplemental Freebie!


If your firsties are anything like mine, you have a wide range of kiddos.  I have some kids that are reading on levels H and I, while my ELL's are struggling with letter sounds.

I've had to do a little extra work to help out my ELL's, but have thoroughly enjoyed watching their progress so far!  I started ABC notebooks for some of my kiddos.
We created a page for each letter of the alphabet.  Then we cut out words and pictures that begin with each letter.  There are sorts and sentences that we've been completing as well.  They've been a HUGE help!

I wanted to provide them with more opportunities to practice beginning sounds, hence the reason for the supplemental activity!
There are three pages of word-picture cards.  
That's a total of 75 cards!

The students will cut out the pictures:
(I had them do one page per day)

and then glue them in their ABC notebooks:
This has really boosted the confidence of my ELL's as well as their vocabulary!  They also use their ABC notebooks while reading and writing.  They know they can use the notebook as a reference at any time!

If you think this sorting activity would be helpful to your 
kiddos, click on the picture below to snag it for free!
I hope this activity helps your kids just as much as it did mine!

No comments

Back to Top