Gina (Beach Sand and Lesson Plans)

Hi Fabulous Followers!
I'm Gina from Beach Sand and Lesson Plans. I am THRILLED to be here today to introduce myself and to share a fun back to school FREEBIE with you!



First a little about my teacher life...I'm going into my 25th year of teaching (I just had to stop and take a breathe). I can't believe it has been that long!  For most of those years, I have taught 3rd and 4th grade with only two random years in 2nd. By far, my heart lies in 3rd. I enjoy seeing the growth and gains they make from young 2nd graders to high flying thirds by the end of the year.
About half of my teaching years have been spent with gifted/high achieving students. I feel like I have to always be on my toes, providing enriching, creative, and meaningful tasks that move our higher students higher. I am not one to repeat too many lessons from year to year or read the same books over and over. I need to keep my curriculum fresh or boredom can set in very quickly!! If I'm bored, my students will be bored. I do read a great deal of professional books to keep my classroom fresh and up-to-date! I love my job and have from the first day I started.

Now a little about my personal life...I am married to a 5th grade teacher and have been for 15 years. My hubby and I have taught together in the same school for many, many years. We have 2 children. Dane, 12 and Lily, 10. They have both attended the school we teach in and it's been wonderful being close to them through their elementary school days. We feel fortunate to not have missed a thing! I am a native Floridian and I can't imagine living any where that isn't close to the ocean. My free time includes reading, swimming, crocheting, Disney trips, taking care of a house full of rescue pups, and just hanging out at home. I would die without my i-stuff! (well maybe that is a tad dramatic, but I do love my gadgets!) I am super excited to be here sharing my experience and love of teaching with you all!!

Today I want to share a little freebie to help you start off the new school year!
Click HERE to download this FREEBIE!

These Back to School Pennants are perfect for the first week back. Use them as a "get-to-know-you" activity and classroom display. I'll have students work on them as morning work during the first week and then they will share out to the class. Be sure to complete the Teacher Pennant, too! The completed banner makes a cute Open House decoration or keep it up all year long. I included "end pennants" with an ice cream graphic and title. I hope you find this activity useful and fun for your classroom.

I am looking forward to sharing more ideas and activities with you here! Please stop by and say hi at my other blog address, too!

11 comments

  1. You sure do have a busy life! My kids attend the same school I teach at, too...most often I ♥ it ;)
    Thank you for the lovely pennant freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this activity! Thank so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this cute freebie! It will be a great addition to the other Back to School activities I use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the activity! I too have rescue pups, and would die without my i-toys (as my hubby calls them!). I too think my heart belongs in 3rd grade! It's just amazing to watch their transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun idea - I think I'll hang these in the hall after the kids get done with them. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the freebie! I can't wait to use this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some other "Back to School" pennants, but didn't like them. However, yours, I love! Thank you! I will definitely be using these on the first day of school.

    Cousin Classrooms

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pennants freebie! Adding it to my first week of plans! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great article, I was very impressed about it, wish you would have stayed next share

    potaup

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top